Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Many students with many problems today. Elementary, middle school and high school students with issues and all needing help. Some subjects were so intense. Kids should NOT be dealing with such things. It was a day in which I literally could have used a revolving door on my office. Before I finished with one student and one issue, another student was knocking or the phone was ringing with another. Upon opening my door several times throughout the day I discovered people had left messages or notes for me to address once finished. As I moved down the hall from one end of the building to another or from one building to another, I was stopped regularly with someone needing something to be addressed or to tell me there was another student in need of assistance. It was 3:00 and I realized I hadn't eaten lunch yet. It was a heavy day. I've had many days like today. These days are a double blessing for me. On the one hand I feel grateful for my job, very much needed and appreciated. I want to make a difference in the students' lives and impact them in a positive way. On the other hand I'm always glad to see days like today come to an end so there can be some relief of the burdens of others. Today just happens to be Wednesday as well. I am always uplifted by the end of the day on Wednesdays due to the church service, no matter what kind of day it's been.

No comments:

Post a Comment