Friday, December 19, 2014

All Good Things Come to an End

It's finally here! The last day before Christmas Break! It has been a fun filled day already. The elementary grades are showing movies throughout the day. Two grades at a time go to the auditorium, students are given a bag of popcorn and staff make a big deal out of it. One of our teachers is standing at the door reminding them to not talk, silence cell phones, not to put their feet on the seats, etc. just like a movie theatre. I LOVE it! I have been an elf all morning, delivering gifts all over campus to and from secret pals. I've sent several transcripts off to colleges and universities and am trying to think of those things scheduled for the first week we return that need attention now. We had an ugly sweater contest this morning. I'm not sure what happened, if everyone forgot, thought it was another day or just got busy and had no time, but we one had one participant (our JH/HS principal). We all got a great laugh out of his sweater, though and he still received the prize!Next year we will try to coincide with the actual Ugly Sweater Day (I didn't know there was such a day), and staff will have more time to plan. This was our first. We also have a Christmas door decorating competition. I'm posting those pictures plus a few more, just because they're all fun. The elementary winner is All I Want For Christmas is My Two Front Teeth with the pictures of the toothless kids.The JH/HS winner is Down Through the Chimney.What you can't tell with this one is that the lights under the fire flickered, making it look a little more real. The winner of the Admin./Library/Counselor door is the Frozen Let it Go door. I love the 3-D snowflakes! Just as quickly as the first semester passed, so it will be with the second. I hope everyone enjoys their Christmas Break with lots of family, food and fun, along with the true meaning of CHRISTmas. Over the break I plan on just that, plus some research and planning for the rest of the school year, how I can reach more of the student body and make a more positive impact them. I've been asked to help with setting up of a scholarship so I will be gathering information for that as well. Merry Christmas! a

No comments:

Post a Comment