Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Constitution Day

We ended last week with some projects by our history and social studies classes. They were given the task of decorating our hallways with posters and pictures of things they thought represented the United States and it's history. I didn't get a picture of all of them, but the ones I did, I included here.
Our kids are so creative. Every year the pictures are different than the year before and always unique, one from another.

This week, though it's only Wednesday, I've had students wanting to drop career tech. classes. We're over 1/2 through the quarter, this isn't doable at this point without loss of major credits. We've had mean girl stuff going on and I had a student misunderstand something I said in the class counseling lesson, got very upset and that resulted in a visit from his parents. It's all good. It turned out fine. There was and is no upset, which I'm glad. Though I didn't need to, according to parents, I apologized to the student for not being more clear. I don't want him to be uncomfortable during my sessions, nor do I want any awkward feelings with him. Everyone messes up. Whether it was on my end or his is irrelevant. I just want to make it right. On Friday, I'm off to one of our state universities for a counselors' day. Though I've been to several such events at others universities, I've never been to this one. I have, however, been to this university many times, LOL. Funny how that has worked out. I'm looking forward to a work day away, learning about admission requirements and processes at this university, taking a tour and the wonderful lunch that is in store. Make it a good one everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment