Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thanksgiving!

We have a short week this week, like most other schools, due to the Thanksgiving holiday. Today is our last day this week. I am thankful for so many things. Like always, I am thankful to my Savior for the many earthly blessings He continually gives. I am thankful for my family and the support they offer, both regarding my job and with life in general. Last week I stayed home two days and kept my grandbaby due to an emergency at his regular sitter's. After the second day, my husband volunteered to make supper, though he had been sick for several days, telling me that I needed a break after being on baby duty non-stop. My daughter (grandbaby's mom), keeps me on my toes. With her there is never a dull moment. I get bogged down with doing things for school, consumed sometimes even at home, and they pick up where I leave off to run errands or get things finished. I am very thankful for all my coworkers this year. It's no secret I had a very rough year last year professionally. I returned to this school, where I was several years ago and where I began my counseling journey. I am reminded regularly how thankful those around me are at my return. This gratitude toward me causes me to have such appreciation toward everyone. Today, I am allowing students to go to the food pantry and pick out what they would like in their bags to take home. Since we are out longer than a regular weekend, most will be home more and eating/snacking around more.
I found some cute Thanksgiving notes online and managed to get them on all lockers, junior high and high school, after hours yesterday so that they were there when the students came in this morning.
I also found cute water bottle labels and candy wrappers for printing. I left those for all the staff, maintenance, cooks, teachers, aides, administration and office staff, yesterday. I was looking for something very reasonable that I could do for everyone.
I'm big on couponing. I often get cases of water for around $2.00. Two cases are enough for everyone. The bag of chocolate was $10. I have enough chocolate left over to do something another time for everyone. I plan on doing a lot of cooking, a lot of playing with my grandbaby, and a lot of resting over the break. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment