Monday, July 28, 2014

Friday, Friday, Friday!

I am now less than a week away from starting back to school. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love my job, but I'm always sad to see breaks come to an end (just like weekends). Something that I have come to realize this summer, more than any other, is that I sort of fall apart without a routine. I mean, our daughter is grown, there is no one here on a regular basis through the day but me. While I do get things done that are necessary, I fall behind on other things or they completely are non existent during the summer. I have no schedule. Shame on me! For that reason I am ready to get back to school and to a routine! I have been watching the three or four Facebook counseling groups and they are such a great resources! It's amazing to me how many counselors are working throughout the summer. I save documents I find online and pin things on Pinterest. I may order a book or resource, but that's pretty much it. A couple of years ago I wanted to do a Girls' Night Out: show a movie, eat, give away some door prizes and just have some fun. I ordered a movie and began gathering door prizes. That's a far as it got, until now. Today I previewed the movie and plan on hosting a Girls' Night Out this year. The movie is amazing and so well done. I saw a post by Danielle Shultz on her School Counselor blog and plan do to something similar. The movie is age approriate, there is no violence, nudity or foul language in it. It is very well done, but then it IS an American Girl movie. I can't wait to schedule that event! I highly recommend you looking at Danielle's blog to see what she did, or just wait until mine is complete and go from there. I have a busy last week before Friday's work day is here. Everything from car to doctor to funeral and completion of a couple more projects is ahead this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment